Sikkim is a part of the Eastern Himalaya which is a biological hotspot. The scientific inputs of the mountains and hills of Sikkim and adjoining Himalayas need the scientific inputs and management.
Sikkim is a part of the Eastern Himalaya which is a biological hotspot. The scientific inputs of the mountains and hills of Sikkim and adjoining Himalayas need the scientific inputs and management. So, this is an initiative to support the Government in the pandemic and manifest the scientific activities of the State adopting the means of online. Focusing on the pandemic, the online publications of the scientific inputs shall enrich the information of the State Government. The facilities will support to the nation, state, communities, management, scientific fraternity, farmers, growers, forest committee, researchers, students etc. Thus, this scientific journal caters the scientific publications consulting the Editorial Advisory Committee and experts. It focuses on the science of the mountains and hills of Sikkim.
SCIENCE OF EASTERN HIMALAYA JOURNAL
Science of Eastern Himalaya Journal is a refereed journal intended to publish the articles, papers and news items from policy makers, researchers, and flora and fauna authorities pertaining to the Eastern Himalaya, specially, focusing on Sikkim and mountainous ecology. It shall cover the historical, geographical and scientific inputs from the multidisciplinary subjects for overall development of the scientific approach. The composition of the journal possesses the invited articles, full research articles, new taxa, short communications and review. Moreover, this is the documentation of the scientific outcomes of the Research Institutions in the hills of Sikkim and adjoining areas, and shall act as the scientific information source.
The objectives of Science of Eastern Himalaya Journal are:
1. Cater scientific research to reach upto international audience;
2. To cover the historical, geographical and scientific inputs from the multidisciplinary subjects for overall development of the scientific approach.
Firstly, it is for the academic excellence of scientific activities.
Secondly, to place the excellence of Sikkim flora and fauna to the international audience.
Thirdly, generally, it is noted that the Sikkim is too small for the international audience, and were not interested to publish the new record of fauna, flora of Sikkim specific unless it is globally significant. Whereas, the same information may be significant for the Sikkim to enrich and update the resources and knowledge.
Fourthly, most of the journal do have publication and processing charges which need to be borne by the authors or the institutions or the department. The amount of charges varies based on the journal which will create the financial burden to the researchers, institution and department. On the otherhand, unless the articles are validly published, citing in the newspaper or magazine considered as invalid publication.
Fifthly, any communication to the international and national journals will take considerable time, say about a year, despite the payment of publication fee.
Sixthly, it extends support to bridge the gap of the researches between the Sikkim and the international audience as the journal is an information source for a broad audience of Eastern Himalaya and abroad. It helps to disseminate information (scientific and technical knowledge) and promote the knowledge exchange on flora, fauna, sustainable use and conservation of natural resources.
Seventhly, the publication shall abide all rules and regulations of the State Government.
1. The academic excellence of Sikkim flora and fauna to the international audience. 2. To document the flora and fauna of the Himalayan region. 3. Fast mode of transmission of information.
1. To place the academic excellence of Sikkim flora and fauna to the international audience.
2. To provide the scientific inputs of hills of Sikkim and adjoining areas with valid publication so that the scientific activities shall be carried at the real time basis.
3. To document the flora and fauna of the Himalayan region.
4. To help to document the scientific inputs of Sikkim and adjoining areas.
5. It shall be a fast mode of transmission of information.
6. It shall be cost effective and is an easy method to obtain the information.
7. It shall be time saving thus, the scientific activities shall be conducted on real time basis.